CivicWell draws from extensive experience and research on best and emerging practices at the local, state, and national levels regarding sustainable community development to offer policy development assistance to elected officials and their staff.
We also convene coalitions of thought leaders, policymakers, and practitioners to develop innovative solutions to the complex challenges we face. The Alliance of Regional Collaboratives for Climate Adaptation (ARCCA) works to advance adaptation principles by engaging in state policy development, facilitating dialogue between key decision-makers and stakeholders, and creating tools and resources. The Local Government Sustainable Energy Coalition (LGSEC) advances local government leadership on clean energy and climate resilience through regulatory action, policies, and programs.
The policy-related resources we produce include guidebooks, case studies, fact sheets, and toolkits for areas such as:
- Housing, including affordable housing
- Community design and form-based zoning codes
- Complete streets and transportation management
- Active transportation
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Energy efficiency
- Building and transportation decarbonization
- Renewable energy resources
- Groundwater and drinking water sustainability
- The Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA)
Reach out to us today to see how we can partner with you.